Well… it is, but I want to restrict content size. Just finished the blog post. It was longer than I expected and seems like publishing it, I will encourage myself to maintain just another blog.
With that in mind:
I plan to restrict the content size to 1024 characters long text input.
What type of content will we have at epub.social?
Here are some that are on other short content form sites as well:
- text (1024chr limit)
- image (and image galleries)
- collections (group of content type or single content type as list entry – listicle). Also “gallery” for images.
- something like store/e-commerce (no idea what this mean, but just an idea).
- * (there always needs to be a mystery feature(s)).
As WordPress is current backbone for epub.social: most of features are built-in as post formats:
- aside – Typically styled without a title. Similar to a Facebook note update.
- gallery – A gallery of images.
- link – A link to another site.
- image – A single image.
- quote – A quotation.
- status – A short status update, similar to a Twitter status update.
- video – A single video or video playlist.
- audio – An audio file or playlist. Could be used for Podcasting.
- chat – A chat transcript
…and this is again long post. More at republa.net.